How long has it been since you’ve had that favorite sofa, love-seat or chair cleaned? If you’re like most folks, you & your family spend a great deal of time using your furniture’s upholstery, but very little time cleaning it (if any). It’s recommended you clean your upholstery every 1 – 3 months depending on how much dust & dirt build-up from daily use. Particularly watch the Arm & Headrest areas of your furniture where oils from hair & skin build-up. For light upholstery cleaning, your vacuum and most commercial cleaners & shampoos should be fine—check the manufacturer’s upholstered furniture or fabric label or tag to be sure. Be careful about applying too much water to prevent damage or unnecessary wear to your fabric. Minimizing drying time also reduces the chance of bacteria growth occurring. Use an electric fan or open a window to increase drying time where appropriate.
The 7 Principles of Upholstery Cleaning
- Fabric Inspection A simple test which involves taking a tiny swatch of the fabric reveals the fiber content and helps tailor the cleaning process.
- Dye Testing A small amount of upholstery cleaner is applied to an inconspicuous area of the fabric to test for dye stability.
- Dry Soil Removal When cleaning any textile, the first step is always to remove as much dry soil as possible. Not only does this improve the cleaning process, but it also will help prevent damage and scratches to your fine fabrics from dry soil particles.
- Soil Suspension A preconditioning agent is used on most fabrics to “suspend” the soil for more effective extraction.
- Soil Removal (Extraction) A water or solvent based solution is used to wisk away the suspended soils.
- Pile Setting/Grooming Textiles that have a “pile”, such as chenille or velvet, are groomed with a special upholstery grooming brush to arrange the individual fibers into a uniform position.
- Drying High velocity air movers are used to promote faster drying. This will help the fabric dry quicker and not leave a chance for mold and bacteria to grow in your fine fabrics.
Superior Upholstery Cleaning
When it comes time for professional upholstery cleaning, use our Hot Carbonation Extraction method and advanced Truck mounted equipment to clean deep into your furniture’s fabric. Since our process uses a lot less water than other upholstery cleaners, there is a lot less chance of premature wear or damage. This also means we’ll have your upholstery clean & dry in three to four hours ready for you and your family to use.
Why you should clean your carpet all year roundBecause the weather condition warms and people head outdoors, it is important that custodial departments don’t lose view of what needs to be accomplished indoors. There are many reasons why carpets should not be overlooked. Doug Berjer product manager for CFR, manufacturers of recycling portable carpet extractors, provides these top ten reasons to have carpets cleaned year round. Properly cleaning and maintaining carpets:
- Prolongs the life of carpeting. Regular carpet cleaning using the extraction method can enhance the life of carpets significantly, protecting your floor-covering investment.
- Protects indoor air quality. Carpets trap airborne pollutants; however, eventually those pollutants must be removed in order to protect the carpet and maintain indoor air quality.
- Helps make carpets much easier to maintain. A lot of carpet soiling is made up of dry soils; when carpets are kept completely cleaned on a regular basis, most dry soils can be taken out with regular vacuuming.
- Eliminates spots and stains. As with other soils, spots and stains can attract more soiling. Extracting them promptly protects carpeting from damage.
- Avoids buildup of allergens and bacteria. Moist soiling of carpets can result in the accumulation of multiple unhealthy contaminants.
- Improves the appearance of any space. Clean, well-maintained carpets speak volumes about the overall hygiene of a home or facility.
- Improves worker morale. Workers feel better about their work environment when it is well-maintained. This includes the carpeting.
- Makes carpeting look and feel clean and fresh.
- Removes dust mites and insects that may have found a home in carpets.
- Maintains the carpet’s manufacturer’s warranty. The majority of carpet warranties require that carpets be cleaned using the extraction method within a particular amount of time, usually every 12 to 18 months.
They cleaned our carpet on March 24th. They arrived on time (early actually) and we were very pleased with the job they did on our carpets, and the cost was very reasonable.
EXCELLENT SERVICE! The owners of this company take a lot of pride in making sure the results are very good. We used them for our whole house and we had a lot of pet smell issues that had accumulated over the last 15 years. We didn't have the funds to buy new carpet so we thought we would try them. They were able to get the pet smell out and they even were able to get oil paint from my 2 year old out of an upstairs bedroom carpet. Would use again.